Re: Lotus TC motor

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus TC motor
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 08:41:48 -0800
Harold,
 You need a Dave Bean catalog. It will answer a lot of your questions.
However, I'll give some of them a shot. Bare Weber heads are about
$2500. Don't know the price of the Stromberg. The TC has a forged crank,
the pushrod motor does not. The TC is a bored-out 1500 pushrod,
essentially, and its displacement is 1558cc. The crossflow pushrod uses
a taller block, with a stroker crank. The crossflow crank would
physically fit, but wouldn't work in the shorter block. The way to get
greater displacement in the 1498 and 1558 motors is thru boring. Twin
Cam rods, with the 125E part numbers, are good for moderate racing, as
is the TC crank. For pistons, get a good forged product. I use, and JAE
sells, JE pistons (same as the Winston Cup boys use).
--
 Dick Carlson, Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd, World HQ, Kansas City
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atrltd