RE: residual pressure valve for TR4A

To: "'wheeltowheel@abingdon.sun.com'" <wheeltowheel@abingdon.sun.com>
Subject: RE: residual pressure valve for TR4A
From: Chip Bond <tr4racer@esinet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 11:01:35 -0500

        Chris Kantarjiev wrote

>In the Comp Prep manual, Kas Kastner recommends installing "the brake =
residual
>pressure valve, part 116197 in the hydraulic system, before the T on =
the front
>frame rail".

I don't recall this in his prep manual but it's been a while. I do =
remember his recommendation that the rear shoe adjusters be set three =
"clicks" back so they would not drag. Is it possible that the restrictor =
was the culprit here and we are attempting to "fix" the "fix"

I've had much better luck obtaining a firmer petal in the TR4 by bracing =
and eliminating compliance in the bulkhead where the master cylinders =
locate (watch this area sometime with someone else pushing hard on the =
brake petal). And switching to braided -3 flex lines (moss offers a set =
at about $59). Also I can't say enough about frequent bleeding. (I do it =
before every session).

I don't even like the idea of a restrictor in the system. Even if it =
works it creates additional drag with the correspobnding heat. If it =
doesnt work,....well??

Chip Bond
TRs++
tr4racer@esinet.net