Re: Shannonville

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shannonville
From: "Roger Garnett" <Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 11:58:54 -5000
jim hayes writes:

> > On June 26 - C.Harwood sez

>  The second [VARAC]
> > event is now going to be shared with a CASC regional event @ Shannonv
> > Chris
> >
> What's the story with Shannonville? I thought it was off for this year.
> I'm helping with St. Jovite for the VSCCA but I'd be
> tempted by Shannonville.

As far as I'm aware, this is not an "open" VARAC event, but Chris is in a
position to check. VARAC runs a bit differently than vintage clubs in the
states, which issue their own, or use VMC licenses.

I hold a Canadian license, but it is not issued by VARAC, or VMC. It is a
full blown CASC (SCCA equiv.) ** FIA ** license. I am signed up as
regional, but could upgrade to national. (I believe VARAC is the only
vintage club in North America where the drivers hold FIA licenses!)

As such I currently can run any CASC regional. Some CASC regionals include
a VARAC class, which (successfully) runs all open and closed wheel vintage
cars, together in one session. This is what the Shannonville event July
22-23 is. (As oppsoes to the now dropped VARAC vintage fesitval at
Shannonville for the last many years.)  Chris can check on eligibility for
anyone interested.

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | The Wayward Sports Car Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           | http://www.wayward.team.net/
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      |
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!