tvr

Re: Gas tank vent tube

To: pleask@telus.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank vent tube
From: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:04:45 EDT
In a message dated 01-08-11 11:20:10 EDT, pleask@telus.net writes:

<< On my 2500M when I strippe it down to chassis (Same week I bought it !) I
 saw that there is a vent tube that goes from the top of the gas tank to the
 filler neck to the front of the car to a charcoal filter (?) to... intake
 manifold ?

 Could you please clarify the above, and also HOW important is the vent tube
 that runs the length of the car to the filter ? Is this really needed ?

 Is this vent tube a TVR thing or a TR6 thing ?

 (I get the body back from the paint shop in a week or so  and wish to finish
 up on the chassis)

 Thanks, Pat

The vent tube is a TR6 thing.  Before pollution controls the gas tank was
vented directly to the atmosphere, usually directly through the filler cap.
Now we vent to the charcoal canister which catches the gas vapors, then burns
them through the carburetor which also has a hose to the canister.  You have
to have a vent on the gas tank to correct for fuel expansion & contraction
due to temperature changes plus the normal use while the motor is running.
Larry Bickel

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///