tvr

WOODWORK 2001 is ON!!!!

To: TVRUSA <tvr@autox.team.net>, TVRCC <tvrccmaillist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: WOODWORK 2001 is ON!!!!
From: George Czerw <gczerw@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 12:12:10 -0400
Having shifted into public service mode for some reason, I might as
well keep my fingers working a little while longer.....

For those of you who are not TVR Car Club of North America (TVRCCNA)
members, just a note of interest.

Out of the "Woodwork", the frequently talked-about, and frequently
on-again/off-again annual? close-to-Columbus Day Weekend gathering
(aka: the lost weekend watering-hole, parts & memorabilia auction,
feeding-frenzy, car-wash, car-show, awards dinner) of the TVRCCNA
membership, IS ON AGAIN!

WOODWORK 2001 will be held from Friday, October 5th to Monday,
October 8th, 2001 in New Jersey.

The "official" car show will be held on Sunday, October 7th, at Round
Valley State Park & Recreation Area, Rt 629, Lebanon, NJ (about 25
minutes NW of the hotel).  Show vehicle pre-registration fee is
$15.00, day of show registration is $20.00.
Vendor spaces:  $40.00 per space.

All other activities will be held in or around (eg., the parking lot)
the Marriot Hotel, Davidson Ave. (just off Exit 10 of Interstate 287),
Somerset, NJ.  Hotel Reservations: (732) 560-0500 or (800) 238-3198,
mention the TVR Car Club event for the special daily rates of $88.00
(single or double).

Preliminary Schedule:

Friday, October 5th:

Arrival and check-in.
Hospitality room opens for informal gatherings and sorting out of
unresolved, last minute details.  TVR videos shown, and a TVR photo
contest to be judges by TVRCC members.
Party into the wee hours......

Saturday, October 6th:

Hospitality room open for members use.  Car washing facilities
provided by hotel all day.  Informal gathering, car-showing, tire
thumping & kicking, performance (& no) exhaust system rating, chat &
tech sessions in parking lot.
6:00PM - Lite dinner & auction preview
8:00PM - Auction
9:30PM - more partying into the wee hours....

Sunday, October 7th:

Car washing facilities available at the hotel.
 9:30AM - TVR Convoy to Round Valley for WOODWORK 2001
10:00AM - WOODWORK 2001 Show opens to the public
  3:30PM - Awards
  7:00PM - Cocktails back at the hotel
  7:30PM - TVRCCNA Banquet & Awards Ceremony at the hotel
(Banquet tickets $38.00 per person, sold in advance only)
  9:00PM - more partying into the wee hours....

Monday, October 8th:

Informal hair o'the dog breakfast for those who can?  More sleep or
early departure for those who can't.

More details as I get 'em.  Also data to be posted within the next
week or so, to the official TVRCCNA Web Site at:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/tvr/

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///