tvr

Re: source for vixen shocks

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: source for vixen shocks
From: russell.talbot@genie.co.uk
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:09:12 +0000
Don/Skip

Vixen S2s had 4 springs and 6 shocks.  Vixen S3s had 4 of each. I think
Tuscans had six of each.  I don't know about 2500s.

I read in "Success against the odds" that the extra shock was first
added to the Grantura to prevent acceleration wind up.

It is not uncommon for the pivot bar that runs through the bottom of the
casting to break.  In my opinion it is better to use four half rated
springs to reduce the loads on these components.  That is what I intend
to do to my S3 - but first I have to renove the pivot bar and replace it
with a longer one.

Russell