tvr

Re: rear uprights

To: KWall73108@aol.com, other tvrs <usa-tvr@e-groups.com>,
Subject: Re: rear uprights
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:15:09 -0800
Kevin,
 I don't know if you remember me mentioning some time ago that "If TVR
had ever put a V8 in a M chassis it WOULD win ASP". The M uprights were
at least 40% beefier and the lower a-arm mounted "inboard" of the shock
mount. On the 3000 cars at least, very large axles and the salisbury
diff. I've NEVER heard of a M rear upright breaking, versus more than
I can remember of the early type.
  WELL NOW.......Kevin, I just returned from reading my SCCA rule book
and it appears that you could fit M rear suspension (including moving
the pick-up points) as long as you don't change the wheelbase. (In A
Prepared for those of you who don't know Kevin)
  At this time I would like to punch my chad cleanly thru for the M
suspension. (as an aside, the M chassis was originally designed by Mike
Bigland for a racing Tuscan)
 Good luck,
Bill

KWall73108@aol.com wrote:

> When did the early TVR rear uprights change and how did they change?
>
> Kevin

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633