tvr

Re: tvr,s

To: webmaster@ukmotorsport.com
Subject: Re: tvr,s
From: GRIFF65@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:36:30 EST
Craig, as far as I know the uprights, brakes and such on an 1800, at least
the ones that I have seen are generally the same as the Griffiths and later
Granturas.
The uprights, trunions and steering arms are Herold, the brake caliper
bracket may be a Herold, Healey or a TVR "special" as the brake calipers are
not the Girling 16 as on the TR6, but the Girling 14 as fitted to early
Healey 1006/3000 and perhaps TR3-4. The disks also may be from a Healey or
TR3-4. The point is the early cars draw from a variety of sources and you
can't assume that everything is TR6 as on the Ms. The 1800s is "basically" a
Griffith 400 with a 4 banger, and actually rarer I believe. Pick up a
Griffith manual from the club and I bet alot of the parts exchange info,
especially for the suspension, wil transfer to your 1800.
Best of luck,
Dave