tvr

Re: FW: Another one rides the bus...

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Another one rides the bus...
From: GRIFF65@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:23:22 EST
Robert, Koni actually a listing for TVR so the shocks in that particular case
were not cross referanced. I believe Carrara also has a listing. A great
alternative is Alden. They always advertise in Street Rodder mag. I and
several other guys in the midwest have had great success with them. They
don't have a listing or cross ref, just measure your orig extended and
compressed lengths and check out Alden's line to spec out a shock with a
similar length and stroke. They have single adjust, double adjust, steel,
alum, bushing mounts, "bearing" mounts, etc. They also supply springs in any
rate & nicely powder coated. They will work with you and enable you to
swap/exchange springs untill you are happy with the rates. I uesd them on a
V8 swap in an M and had something like 450lb/in in front and 180lbs/in in the
rear. Best of luck.