tvr

Re: Vixen ------>Tuscan, a good idea?

To: DonDavis@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vixen ------>Tuscan, a good idea?
From: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 01:57:06 +0100
DonDavis@aol.com wrote:

> I have a Vixen, and I wish I had a Tuscan. There was a Tuscan near me and it
> sold too cheap, without me knowing it was for sale. Is it a bad idea to do an
> engine swap on a car as rare as a Vixen, to have the car I really want?
>
> I would like advice from any others who have converted theirs to Ford 302
> power.
>
> Don Davis, LVX1709/4

  Over the years, many a Vixen S2 has been coverted to a Tuscan V6 or
V8.
  The V6 swaps tend to be regretted since a decent handling car is
turned
  into an under powered, under steering vehicle. I'd like to see more

  Vixen Zetecs or Vixen Cosworths or maybe Vixen Vauxhall 16V
conversions.

  If you want the sound of a V8 then none of the above can provide. Many
  of these former conversions have returned to the fold. The S2 is
homologated
  for International historic motor sport which makes it more desirable
than
  an S3.

  There are more S2s to convert than S3s.

  Regards, John Upham, LVX1941/4 and LVX2048/4

--
Dr John Upham, The UKMotorSport Index,
http://www.ukmotorsport.com/, webmaster@ukmotorsport.com,