tvr

Re: LA's 200 back autoxing

To: KWall73108@aol.com
Subject: Re: LA's 200 back autoxing
From: Skip Gurnee <skip47@home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 14:06:12 -0700
Kevin-
Congratulations on owning the FASTEST Griffith I have ever seen.  I had
the privilege of running with Lou a few times, and I never saw anything
autocrossed that was faster in a straight line.
As for setup, what you've got is most likely as good as it gets.  Lou
didn't win a national championship without some know-how.  You want to
be sure that front toe settings are straight or maybe a little bit out.
For rear toe, just make sure it's toed IN, not out.  When in doubt,
increase the rear toe-in; some Vettes are going as much as 1/8.  What
you're doing is reducing some power on corner oversteer. It's exciting,
but not fast.  With the power you have, oversteer is easy to induce, any
time!
Does the car still have that funky fiberglass front suspension?  It does
work, and it's a great conversation piece.
Have fun,
-Skip Gurnee
1970 Vixen S2 (highly modified, currently awaiting transmission parts
from England)
3 TR4's
1 Lotus Cortina
1 Cherokee tow SUV.