tvr

Re: New to TVR list, sorta

To: tvrdude@netzero.net
Subject: Re: New to TVR list, sorta
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:34:50 EST

<<
 Rich,
 I was looking at my hoosier sheet and the bias tire would work
 on a 5.5" rim. The radial, they say would need a 6.5" rim. I
 think fudging .5" is okay, but 1" is a bit much? From what I
 see the 2500m used the 14" rims anyway?, you might check into
 that, they were 14x6. The 2500m used a Triumph diff and Tri.
 made a limited slip avail. which is what TVR would have put in.

   I admit my knowledge of Vixens is limited but I'll help any
 way I can.

   Should we also post to the TVR list so they have some thing to
 look at? >>

Bill,

I've been wondering about the bias tires.  I always thought they worked best
on very light cars, not sure how they would work on the Vixen?

The 2500M has 14' wheels but if I put them on the Vixen, I think I would be
afoul of the rules for stock.  I need to read the rulebook again.  Just how
does the updating and backdating thing apply to TVR's?

My Vixen has a Spitfire diff.  The M car uses a TR6 diff.  The Vixen 2500
also uses the TR6 diff.  The locker I have came out of the 2500M, but I would
need to fabricate new mounts on my chassis to make it fit.  Might be better
than buying a Quaife for the Spit diff though.

Rich