tvr

Re: Griffith frame stiffness

To: KWall73108@aol.com
Subject: Re: Griffith frame stiffness
From: GRIFF65@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:22:12 EST
Kevin, Interesting stuff, but no, I have not tested my frames as you
mentioned. I had not planned on any racing as such and didn't have a big
concern with it. A roll cage properly done would certainly help. Some cross
bracing ( X ) between the center tubes would also help, as would using
stiffer or larger diam. material for both the main and/or bracing tubes. This
all comes at the cost of weight, however, and must be carefully considered.
Gussets may also be added to critical areas to increase strength and
stiffness.