tvr

A Memorial Weekend

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: A Memorial Weekend
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:05:12 EDT
Fellow keepers of the faith-

It was a "Tim Taylor" kind of weekend. (Fill in your best more power grunt
here...). The lake was "awash" with the sound of unmuffled big blocks
straining to pull prop blades thru the viscous waters. RPM's resonating thru
the valley in cadence with the skipping of the craft from wave to wave. And
overhead our local P51 Mustang pilot straffed the imaginary hordes that dwell
in the dell next to my house. (I don't wanna say that he was making a full
power low level pass, but he really should have that molar checked as the
cavity is getting noticeable !)
To do my part for the weekend, I actually dug the TVR out of the dark
recesses of the shop and took it for a spin. I haven't had the car out since
I took it to the local "Track Day" hereabouts back in September. Darn life
keeps gettin in the way of my job... Anyway, after a wash it looked pretty
good, and I had forgotten how much fun that car is! We are talkin major grin
factor here. After a fun run thru the locale, smelling and remembering all
those moldering odors; hot oil, hotter metal and old leather, I made it home
for a quick cold one before bed.

Hope everyone (at least those in the Colonies) had an enjoyable holiday...
       Nick in Nor Cal