tvr

Re: murky clutch fluid

To: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: murky clutch fluid
From: Rolf Beuttenmuller <rolf@octopus.inst.BNL.GOV>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:14:34 -0500
Hi Richard,
I had the same problem with my Vixen ( 1600 Ford) I ended up having to drop the
transmission and bell housing to break the clutch free from the flywheel. After
that incident I used to start the car and slip the clutch at least once a month.

Also I believe that brake fluid absorbs water over time and this could be part
of
the contamination. I am glad that you managed to get the clutch free.
My car is still in a major state of disassembly.

Which leads me to my own question for anyone on the net.

"Hi guys and Gals,
I am once again working on my project (1970 Vixen S2) and was wondering
if any one had any part numbers for the two grease seals on the rear
axle stubs.
Inner and outer. The bearings are Timken and I have those numbers."

--
Rolf Beuttenmuller
Brookhaven National Laboratory