tvr

RE: Looking for A-Type Overdrive/parts

To: "tvr@autox.team.net" <tvr@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Looking for A-Type Overdrive/parts
From: "Hill, Stephen M AETT:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:08:18 -0800
I have a 1971 TVR 2500, which I put a Laycock de Normandville (is this the
correct name?) overdrive in a number of years ago. I believe it is the older
style. It was an extremely tight fit between the chassis rails, but it did
fit without chopping anything. I had to fab a bracket to get the emergency
brake up out of the way. Apparently overdrive was a factory option. Does
anybody on the list got a car with a factory installed overdrive? Has
anybody put an overdrive in their car? And did you bother to change the diff
ratios?

I also have a later style overdrive on a TR6 box. Does anybody know if this
will also fit in a 2500 frame?

Lastly, Rick is looking for an A type. Is this the earlier or the later
version?  Thanks. Stephen