tvr

Re: ww conversion

To: Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca, TVR@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ww conversion
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:01:01 EST
In a message dated 11/26/98 4:20:31 PM Central Standard Time,
Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca writes:

Sorry flame a list on a Holiday - HOWEVER!!!!!!

<<  I am sure you have given this topic lots of thought,
but for what it's worth, >>

IMHO - NONE!!!

<<in my experience: >>

appears to be substantually lacking!! (IMHO)

<< *    most wire wheels are very difficult to keep true. >>

see below.

<< *    with all new wheels you might be good for a while.
(although I know  a number of people who have had duff
new wheels). >>

Yep, you get what you pay for.

<< *    if you don't do much highway speed mileage their >>

So?

<<wonkiness>>

HUH?????????

<< will not  be so apparent. >>

A bad wheel is a bad wheel.

<< *    under hard cornering, they have a habit
of popping spokes. >>

NOT *if* they are properly 'trued' and that does
not mean by some "expert" in his garage.

<< *    they don't weather particularly well, with rust
appearing around the spokes on the rim and grease
around the spokes on the hub. >>

Gee, I only have around 75,000 miles on my 60 spoke
Chrome w/stainless spoke'd wires and THIRD (3rd)
set of tyres (I do autocross/gymkanna) and drive
all over the country.  I have NO rust, NO grease around
spokes OR hub.

To top all,  It has been just shy of ELEVEN (11) years
since they were re-built.  Oh yeah, same tubes.

Cheers...........

          Ed
          '63 Austin-Healey 3000 Mark II (BJ-7)
               (Hortense THE Healey wearing license plate AH BJ 7)
               Founding Member - ILLINI Chapter, AHCA

Ed Kaler, Proprietor
" Just Brits "
Hinsdale, IL