tvr

2500M Diff

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 2500M Diff
From: richtr <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:31:03 -0800
Well I got the differential out of the 2500M. After much studying, I
decided to cut out the depression in the rear and took it out the top.
After disconnecting the drive and half shafts, I took out the 4 bolts
holding the frame section in and took it all out as one unit.

After taking it apart, I found the front pinion bearing was bad and
allowed the pinion to move in and out enough to make noise. The ring
and pinion appear fine. I have ordered new bearings and will try my
first rear end rebuild... Might have it all together by the end of the
week end. Thanks for all the words of advice....
Dean
Fixing the TVR in Richmond, Va....