tvr

Re: window stripping

To: zehrinwa@umdnj.edu, tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: window stripping
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:44:07 EST
In a message dated 11/17/98 8:28:04 PM !!!First Boot!!!, zehrinwa@umdnj.edu
writes:

<<
 Here's an arcane question; does anyone know where I can pick up the tool
 that is suited to putting the silver window stripping into the rubber
 surround, on the windshield and the backlight of my Vixen?  Its getting
 into late fall now and I should probably wait until warmer weather arrives
 again but this'll give me some time to find it.

Will-

Why buy one when you have a closet full !
I bend a metal coat hanger into a small diamond pattern (just use one end as a
"vee", cross it over to make a diamond shape, twist the ends, snip off the
rest of the hanger, leave "tails" on the diamond to hold onto, tape them up
...and presto, a new addition to the tool box). Use a little Armor All or soap
on the groove, jam the end of the diamond into the groove, feed the lock strip
into the now widened groove thru the center of your diamond. Keep sliding the
diamond and stuffing the lock strip as you go. Step back, take a swig and
admire your handiwork !

Who's cheap???
     Nick in Nor Cal