tvr

RE: 2500M wiring harness?

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: 2500M wiring harness?
From: Robert Blumberg <robert.blumberg@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 09:40:20 -0800
Rick,

If you can find a wiring harness source, I'd like to know about it for my '76
2500M.   The connectors on my TVR are crapping out -- corrosion, and in one
case, the supply to the key switch, melting. If I were to try to put new
connectors on the existing harnesses, I must add a short segment of wire to
each connection as there is no play in the harnesses.

I had looked, with trepidation, to doing some rewiring this Winter...new
harnesses would certainly make it easier.  TVR was not known for their
allegiance to blueprints, so I suspect, however, that there are enough
differences in each car that the wiring harnesses will not be a "one size fits
all," but harnesses must be made up by copying the ones already in your car.
I'd look in Hemmings for those services, if all else fails.

Let me know what you decide to do.  Perhaps we can split the work, or get
multiple harnesses made up.

Is there anyone else out there in cyberspace who needs 2500M harnesses?

Robert