tvr

Re: New member

To: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: New member
From: GRIFF65@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:37:25 EST
Hello Richard,
 The traffic on this mailing list is not as busy as on the domino list because
this on is based in the states and we are all to busy working on our older
TVR's. No, we can't get the new ones here, but that makes our Granturas,
Vixens, Griffiths, 280Is and even our "run of the mill" 2500Ms that much more
unique. Hey, the M's are super cars...just raw enough to be a "real" sports
car and developed enough to cruise on a longer trip. I had 2 Ms. A '76 in
Pewter gray with a mildly modified engine ( headwork,cam,headers,no smog
stuff) and some other tweeks. It was a great car but an opportunity to
purchase a '77 with a very well done V8 transplant came up and I sold it to a
fellow from Seattle. He drove it all the way from Cleveland back to Seattle
via El Paso, Texas and the car never skipped a beat.  I haven't seen it since.
I've since got the v8 bug and sold the '77 and picked a Griffith 200 PROJECT!!
A basket case from an airplane hanger between Dayton and Cincinnati. Marriage
and a baby have slowed progress recently but I am encouraged by my wife (I'm a
lucky man) to get it finished. Any way, good to see some new folks and happy
TVRing!    Dave in Cleveland.