tvr

re:Zehring, tires

Subject: re:Zehring, tires
From: "Alan C. Wilson" <kacansas@pro-ns.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 09:30:23 -0600
Hi I have recently signed up to this service.  My name is Alan.  I
drove a 1974 2500M purchased new in 1975 till 1977.  I also had trouble
with the sidewalls on the original tires.  I replaced the tires with
larger Pirelli tires at the time the CN36's.  I'm sure they don't make
this tire anymore but I can tell you why I chose it.  The tire was speed
rated for up to 150mph.  It was rated by Car & Driver as one of the best
handling tires available at that time.  I'm sure if you check out the
automotive magazines at the library or even on the internet you can
gather information about tires.  I would still recommend Pirelli's with
a second choice of Bridgestone or Continental.  I hope this helps.  I
will be looking forward to haering more from you.

Alan.

P.S.  I wish I still had my TVR but that's another long story!