tvr

Re: S.O.S.

To: Tvrdetroit@aol.com, tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: S.O.S.
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 23:58:59 EST

<<
 Several people out East have installed stainless rear tanks and a few have
installed them with foamed in insulation for structure. One even increased
capacity a few gallons in the process. Someone out that way was making them
up, can find out a contact if you are interested.

 Now about being nicked on the M-5!

Chuck-
Are we talkin 2500 or M series cars for said tank ? The M cars I've seen have
a nice insulated kinda hole that the tank lives in, and I;ve seen a few of
them awfully shiney (stainless?). I'm still more concerned with the 2500
wherin the tank is much more exposed and held in with 2 sheet metal straps.
Mounting is not my concern, but rather huge sheets of flame and gas being
thrown forward in the cabin from a rear end impact. Does anyone have personal
experience with installation of a decent sized fuel cell back there (more than
8 gallons...I don't have to "pee" that often on the ole interstate)

I usually find myself "Nicked" wherever I go...
       Nick in Nor Cal