Re: [TR] 67 Spitfire

To: dave northrup <dave@ranteer.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 67 Spitfire
From: JOE CURRY <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 00:30:19 -0500 (EST)

------=_Part_1854564_812028858.1707111019134

If is a Mk3 and the engine has not been changed, it should be a small journal
1296.  That said, there were a few Mk2's built in 1967 and they will have a
1147.  You can tell the difference by looking at the top of the block on the
left hand side towards the rear.  In a cut-away section of the head, you will
find the engine serial number.  The 1147 starts with FC and the 1296 starts
with FD.  (Later Mk3 engines were FE).

Joe

> On 02/04/2024 5:56 PM EST dave northrup <dave@ranteer.com> wrote:
>

> Just acquired a 67 Spit.  How do I tell which engine it has?
>
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/spitlist@cox.net

------=_Part_1854564_812028858.1707111019134

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
   If is a Mk3 and the engine has not been changed, it should be a small
journal 1296.&nbsp; That said, there were a few Mk2's built in 1967 and they
will have a 1147.&nbsp; You can tell the difference by looking at the top of
the block on the left hand side towards the rear.&nbsp; In a cut-away section
of the head, you will find the engine serial number.&nbsp; The 1147 starts with
FC and the 1296 starts with FD.&nbsp; (Later Mk3 engines were FE).
   &nbsp;
   Joe