Re: [TR] Silicone Brake Fluid Tolerant Stoplight Switches?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Silicone Brake Fluid Tolerant Stoplight Switches?
From: Bob <yellowtr@roadrunner.com> HzvwXzwB5WO+H5ks7e7u7PJDapbPZK05+wkCBdk7lhPivHZZOOvmgHWMVUO+GlrGb622/jgmAdxsc0whGhyvKyL/a+LQdJ/Vb5I=
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:36:44 -0500
Bill,

When the switch failed on my 63 4, I just went down to my FLAPS and
picked up a mechanical switch and attached it to the frame that holds
the master cyl. Added a wire harness around the front, over the radiator
to hook up with the ends of the old switch. I believe Triumph did this
for the 4a and on as my 6 has a similar setup from stock. I am sure you
can rig up something similar for your 3.

Bob

On 1/4/24 17:15, William Babbitt wrote:
> The hydraulically operated stoplight switch on my TR3 has once again failed.
> And yes, I am using silicone brake fluid.  When sourcing a replacement from
> NAPA (SL147), it came with a warning note that it is not approved for use
> with Silicone Brake Fluids. That was for a switch with spade connectors.
>
> The identical switch with screw connectors (SL144) has no such note. But, the
> folks at NAPA werenâ??t able to provide any reassurance that that one would
> any more silicone tolerant.
>
> Is anyone aware of an updated hydraulically operated stoplight switch that is
> silicone brake fluid tolerant?
>
> The thread size is 1/8â??X27
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Babbitt