Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Fuel pump
From: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:19:00 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

--000000000000120aa40608514e6c

Did you mount an inertial cutoff switch, TeriAnn?  What are your thoughts
there?

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 12:15=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman@gmai=
l.com>
wrote:

> On 10/22/23 9:40 AM, Alex&Janet Thomson wrote:
>
> All - I'm sure this has been discussed before but my question is this - I
> have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied electric fuel pump to
> his TR3A. I don't know if it is the Facet pump or the universal Lucas pum=
p.
> Any suggestions on the best place to mount this pump. I assume at the bac=
> of the car is best, below the fuel tank level.
>
> On my TR3 I mounted an electric fuel pump and fuel filter before the pump
> on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal mounting plate to
> mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank. In general electric fuel
> pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so much as pulling fuel so having =
it
> below the bottom of the tank makes it easier. Especially after running ou=
> of fuel.
>
> TeriAnn
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/don.hiscock@gmail.com

--000000000000120aa40608514e6c

 you mount an inertial=C2=A0cutoff switch, TeriAnn?=C2=A0 What are=C2=A0you=
" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 12:15=E2=80=AFPM TeriAnn J. =
Wakeman &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tjwakeman@gmail.com";>tjwakeman@gmail.com</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0=
px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><u></=
u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
      Thomson wrote:<br>
     =20
     =20
     =20
            sure this has been discussed before but my question is this
            - I have a freiend who plans to install a Moss supplied
            electric fuel pump to his TR3A. I don&#39;t know if it is the
            Facet pump or the universal Lucas pump. Any suggestions on
            the best place to mount this pump. I assume at the back of
            the car is best, below the fuel tank level.</span></p>
      the pump on the inside of the frame rail. I fabricated a metal
      mounting plate to mount them to the frame rail by the fuel tank.
      In general electric fuel pumps are good at pushing fuel but not so
      much as pulling fuel so having it below the bottom of the tank
      makes it easier. Especially after running out of fuel.</p>

** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">triumphs@au=
tox.team.net</a> **<br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>=C2=A0 <a h=