Re: [TR] (no subject)

To: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] (no subject)
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 13:02:58 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--0000000000006cf74f05f8fe5949

Alex,

If I remember correctly it was only the later TR6s that had the resistors
installed.  I'm certain mine doesn't have that feature.

I'll know for sure once I start the engine up in a few weeks!

Brad

On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 6:40=E2=80=AFPM Alex & Janet Thomson <aljlthomson@ch=
arter.net>
wrote:

> Don't forget that there may be a resistance wire in the feed circuit to
> the coil which limits voltage and available current. I found out the hard
> way when We had a Pertronix ignition set-up being fed by the coil wire.
> That low voltage starved the Pertronix unit twice before I realized what
> the issue was.
>
> Alex Thomson

=C2=A0 I&#39;m certain mine doesn&#39;t have that feature.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div=
e"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 6:40=E2=80=
=AFPM Alex &amp; Janet Thomson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aljlthomson@charter.ne=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,2=
04,204);padding-left:1ex">Don&#39;t forget that there may be a resistance w=
ire in the feed circuit to the coil which limits voltage and available curr=
ent. I found out the hard way when We had a Pertronix ignition set-up being=
 fed by the coil wire. That low voltage starved the Pertronix unit twice be=
fore I realized what the issue was.<br>
Alex Thomson<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>