Re: [TR] How to Re-align splines in OD to mate with transmission shaft?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] How to Re-align splines in OD to mate with transmission shaft?
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@verizon.net> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.aol
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 00:36:18 -0400
Another one of those 'fun' jobs.
I use a spare mainshaft  as an alignment tool.  The only way to get them
lined back up without damaging something,   you'll need to split it down
to the spring bars. Two massive screw drivers,,,,you can lift the two
crossbars (that the pressure pistons push on) to release clutch pressure
and let you slip the shaft in to align the splines .  Don't be surprised
it it's not just rotational alignment but actual  linear alignment as
the annulus cup could be out of alignment

ptegler

When you say seperate the o/d..... are you talking just separateing the
adapter or splitting it further back?  the adapter housing

--
Paul Tegler
ptegler@verizon.net  www.teglerizer.com

** triumphs@autox.team.net **