Re: [TR] TR4 in Perry Mason episode

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 in Perry Mason episode
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 08:15:52 -0500

--------------6E3667CF31DFC1CF223B4D36

Sherman,

We watch a lot of British tv. I have seen many Triumphs, MGs, old
Rovers, Jaguars, Morgans, and many other marks. Last night on "Murphy's
Law" Murphy was driving a green Stag.

I have seen the Perry Mason episode you referenced and there was a TR3
in another episode.

Bob

On 2/9/22 10:00 PM, staffel wrote:
> Season 8 Episide 2
> "Xase if the Paper Bullers"
> 5:44 into episide: White TR4 comes out of Mansion Gate hits old cargo
> Truck.
> Called 'little foreign job' in later testimony.
>
> Sherman D Taffel
> TR4 CT50054L
> in Fuel system surgery *
> Columbia MD & Goldvein VA
>
> * after rebuilding carbs and installing new elec fuel pump, engine
> stalls, backfires upon acceleration of throttle plates.
> Nothing wrong with carbs ( Original CD 175's. Fresh rebuild with all
> new Joe Curto parts. 6th rebuild since 1969.  Convinced its NOT the
> Carb operations. No throttle shaft air leaks nor intake manifold air
> leaks. Pistons lift normally.
>
> ANALYSIS points to low fuel delivery- yet fuel gauge measures 2.5# at
> input to front & rear carbs.
>
> Never ran into this in 53 yrs.
> But putting thus out there fir comments/ thoughts!
>
> Should I try reinstall of a new Manual pump. Went to electric when
> bought defective leaking TRF pump several years ago. Know TRF has new
> supplier.
>
> Just want engine to respond properly & have TR ready for late Spring!
>
> Sherman
>
> Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/yellowtr@adelphia.net

--------------6E3667CF31DFC1CF223B4D36

  <head>
  </head>
      Rovers, Jaguars, Morgans, and many other marks. Last night on
      "Murphy's Law" Murphy was driving a green Stag. <br>
      a TR3 in another episode. <br>
      cite="mid:20220210030132.E2D1FA0B12@autox.team.net">
        Gate hits old cargo Truck. </div>
        fuel pump, engine stalls, backfires upon acceleration of
        throttle plates. </div>
        Fresh rebuild with all new Joe Curto parts. 6th rebuild since
        1969.  Convinced its NOT the Carb operations. No throttle shaft
        air leaks nor intake manifold air leaks. Pistons lift normally.</div>
        gauge measures 2.5# at input to front &amp; rear carbs.</div>
        to electric when bought defective leaking TRF pump several years
        ago. Know TRF has new supplier.</div>
        ready for late Spring!</div>
          the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&amp;T 5G Evolution capable
          smartphone</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> **

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs</a>
  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>