[TR] TR4A 400 mile checkup

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A 400 mile checkup
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:57:51 -0400
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=jhuQplDhD+1Fhj9ECbjk7g==:117 a=jhuQplDhD+1Fhj9ECbjk7g==:17 a=K-v-2zaBAAAA:8 a=vYbi2SD7W5AA:10 a=w1lZMHalAAAA:8 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=kwnNSgr0QrQA:10 a=9iDbn-4jx3cA:10 a=cKsnjEOsciEA:10 a=nk5H66me1TMEujFV_JEA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=P4_emJ4-ilecIRF00HsA:9 a=haT5xZexVR4Phtps:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10
Today I put the TR4A up on jack stands and changed the oil and filter for it's
400 mile check. I started at the rear and worked my way up to the front
checking for loose fastners or anything needing attention. All I found was;
1. Driver side rear brake needed adjusting.
2. Added a couple of ty-wraps on the speedometer cable.
3. Passenger side front wheel bearing was a tad loose.
4. retorqued the head and adjusted the valves.
5. I checked the spark plugs and the center electrodes are tan and the rest of
the plug was black.
Not bad

I started installing the rear bumper today. I got as far as getting all the
rear fastners and brackets loosely attached. I need to work on the side
attachements and then I can start tightening things up.

Last Friday, I drove it to work (about 45 miles round trip) and another 40 or
so miles yesterday down the Ohio river and back. The reason I am not sure is
that the speedometer needs to be rebuilt. It broke two speedometer cables
until I caught on and disconnected it. The bearing that the main shaft runs it
has stiffened up. I talked to a gauge rebuilder and he said it would take 4
weeks to rebuild

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS

http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a