[TR] Fwd: External Oiler to Head

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Fwd: External Oiler to Head
From: George Haynes <ghaynestr4@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:43:36 -0400 (EDT)
I just rebuilt a 1973 Spitfire 1500 engine that had spun a rod bearing (#3, of
course).  An external oiler line had been connected to the cylinder head.
Since the bottom end apparently had too little oil supply (I know about 1500
cranks), the external line is suspect, in my mind.

I don't want to reinstall it on the fresh engine, thinking I'd rather have the
oil going where it will do the most good: the crankshaft.
Rockers are easy to replace by comparison.

Without getting into a big controversy, would the group agree?

George Haynes

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive