Re: [TR] OK - one more wiring question

To: "'Andrew Uprichard'" <auprichard@uprichard.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] OK - one more wiring question
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 15:24:13 -0800
> When I turn on the "indicators" (I did grow up in Ireland,
> after all), the light in the dash cluster flashes once and no
> more.  The turn signals continue to work normally front and
> rear.  When I check the wire in the center of the three going
> to the flasher unit, it agrees with the light on the dash:
> one flash and no more each time I use the signals.

Try a different flasher unit.  When I went through this some years ago, I
found that many of the units on the market would not work properly, even
though they were listed for the application.  The only unit I could find at
my local auto parts store that would work properly was a Tridon EL-13
"electronic" flasher (it's actually electro-mechanical, not electronic).

You can also try charging the battery and having the engine running when
doing the test.  Some of the "load sensitive" flashers don't work right when
the battery voltage is a bit low.  If doing that helps, you may find that
something is limiting the current in the turn signal circuit.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive