Re: [TR] TR3 on PBS

To: "Chip19474@aol.com" <Chip19474@aol.com>, "bill_beecher@flash.net"
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 on PBS
From: John Macartney <macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:11:03 +0100 (BST)
I believe the time period for the show is around 1953-54,  guess they
couldn't
find a nice TR2.

Given that film production companies do *sometimes* spend
reasonable time searching for cars that exactly match the time period for the
storyline, I guess there are some that don't have too many
'automotively-minded' reseachers to get the production absolutely right. I've
met a good few of the latter group in recent years. Equally, there are quite a
lot of people (in the UK anyway) who won't make their cars available for a
shoot and so the production people have to go with the best that's available,
even if it doesn't quite 'fit' for the enthusiast.

Jonmac

triumphs@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive