[TR] brake line - end of treaded fitting has expanded around flare

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] brake line - end of treaded fitting has expanded around flare
From: Chris Simo <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 23:10:18 -0400
--===============0827942920==

--bcaec51a818aaa7b0704a3fceee1

Made some good progress over the weekend.

Transmission pulled and broken shear pin fixed.

Front and back brakes replaced.  New flex lines, too. Long door TR2 -
lockheed brakes.

The issue:

The connection of the end of the flex hose that attaches to the body does
not mate with the existing piping.

I measured the outer diameter of the fitting on the hard brake line and it's
approximately 11/32.  I was tightening the hose fitting to the rear brake
and had pulled the bleeder.

Measured it - and it's 11/32 and screws right into the Flex pipe.
held them against each other and the threads match.
Comparing them I noticed the fitting appears to have flared around the flare
fitting to an extent.

Better to take pliers and try to squezze it back in or take a file to it?

Thanks

Chris

--bcaec51a818aaa7b0704a3fceee1

- lockheed brakes.</div>
oes not mate with the existing piping.</div>
d it&#39;s approximately 11/32.=A0 I was tightening the hose fitting to the=
 rear brake and had pulled the bleeder.=A0 </div>
/div>
 flare fitting to an extent.</div>
it?</div>

triumphs@autox.team.net