Re: [TR] Oil light

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Oil light
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:38:19 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 5/3/2011 8:33:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbtr3a@cox.net writes:
> My sports six, which has a gt6 engine. Recently the oil light has started
> coming on more frequently as it idles. The idle speed has not changed, it
> is full of fresh oil, Castrol 20-50. everything seems ok, just strange that
> the light has begun lighting all of a sudden.
>
> any ideas asto why?

Hi, Ronnie,

Two possible reasons:
1) Switch gone bad
2) low oil pressure.

The thing to do now is to hook up an oil pressure gauge (does a GT6 have a
gauge?) and see what the pressure is at idle.  I have seen two switches go
bad turning on the light when the pressure is fine so let's hope for the
best.

Dave
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html