[TR] Flywheel decision for mildely improved motor w/89mm pistons,

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [TR] Flywheel decision for mildely improved motor w/89mm pistons,
From: Dan Cronin <adcronin@mi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:10:22 -0500
1/26
I have two possible flywheel options to sort out and thought that the list
might help in that regard, especially those who are (have) running lighter
components.  Have a lightened steel post 60k flywheel at 16#  and will be using
a lightened ring gear at 2#,  Luk diaphragm pressure plate 10#,  McLeoud clutch
disk at 3#,  and flywheel/PP attaching hardware at just under 1#  for a total
weight behind the crank of 32#  with this combination.  The other option is a
Fidanze AL flywheel at 11#,  and standard ring gear at 3#  with same ARP
attaching hardware, PP and clutch disk for a total weight with this arrangement
of 28#.   There isn't much weight difference (though if I used the lightened
ring gear on the AL wheel it would make the total 27#)  between the two
combinations, but I am told that reduction in rotating mass behind the flywheel
can make a disportinant difference in take off.................obviously both
conbinations are at least 15 to 20# lighter than the original TR2-3B setup.
Thoughts, recomendations, comments, etc
Thanks,
Dan
Triumphs@autox.team.net