[TR] U-joints - which ones & how to prep

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] U-joints - which ones & how to prep
From: <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 19:59:17 +0000
I need to replace the two u-joints in the drive shaft of my 4A. Couple of
questions:

1. There's 3 on the market. A cheapo aftermarket version for about $15, the
Hardy-Spicer at $18, and Goodparts has a beefier version at $28. As far as I
can tell the cheapo version doesn't have a grease fitting. Recommendations as
to which one?
2. On the ones I've replaced in the past I've put in white Lithium wheel
grease. Is there a better grease? Or,just leave them alone?

Johnnie
'67 TR4A
Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html