[TR] Rear oil leak - is this a first?

To: "triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [TR] Rear oil leak - is this a first?
From: John Gillis <JGILLIS@tcd.ie>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:21:43 +0000
Dear all - having stripped all in preparation for TR2 engine removal to deal
with my rear crank oil leak, I decided to remove the clutch inspection plate to
make sure of the source before all that heaving out. As I removed the plate,
what should fall out but a large core plug, I am guessing the one from the rear
of the camshaft. Is it likely THIS is actually the source of my woes, and has
anybody come across this before? I guess I will still have to remove the
engine, but should I now leave the crank seal alone?
Regards
John

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html