[TR] main/rod bearings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] main/rod bearings
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
taking apart tr-3 motor.  found that big end rod bearings are .010 over.
taking
off the main bearing front and rear bearing/seal I find no notation of  .010
but
do find the number 0.254 MM   above it another number that i think is a part
number.

just curious.  I'm assuming that the main bearings are standard even though
there is not a "standard" marking on the bearings.  surely they aren't 0.254 mm
over?  Is it normal to go over on the rod bearings and leave the main bearings
standard?

thanks

gary n.

Triumphs@autox.team.net