Re: [TR] use of overdrive

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] use of overdrive
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:17:54 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 8/25/2010 12:27:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

That was a deliberate modification by the factory, which I believe was  to
lessen the driveline shock on IRS cars.  Considering how many TR6  have
broken where the diff mounts to the frame, it seems like a valid  reason.

That's interesting Randall,
Yes both my IRS cars like to shake the rear a bit if I disengage the OD
during rapid deceleration.  In some cases severe enough that I get a  nasty
look and "What the Heck is That!" comment from Beverly.  Someone  said keep on
the throttle a little and I agree that is when you want to do  it.
Darrell

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47