Re: [TR] TR3 New Rear Main Seal Leaking

To: bill_beecher@flash.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 New Rear Main Seal Leaking
From: David Lylis <dlylis@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 08:01:18 -0400
Bill,
Apparently this is a very familiar theme.  I have the same issue, although
not as severe as you seem to have.  I have discussed this with others who
have made this conversion and have the same or similar complaints.
I think it is from some of Uncle Jack's stuff that Tony posted online, but
the length of the spring that fits into the seal factors into the cure.  I
seem to recall that the spring needs to be shortened, therefore tightened,
to 8" in overall length before putting into the seal.  I am working from
memory here so do not act on this information until you verify yourself.
I am going to get to this in a couple of months so I am not paying strict
attention to the details now.
David

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net