[TR] Fuel pump safety switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fuel pump safety switch
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:10:23 -0500

One thing inevitably leads to another, and another....

I have installed Webers on my project TR3, which necessitated an electric
fuel pump, which I will wire into the ignition switch. I know there are
safety switches which tie into the oil pressure and ensure pump cut-out in
the event of catastrophic failure.

Does anyone on the list have experience with these?  I have been told that
they aren't particularly reliable, and may shut the fuel pump off at
inopportune times.

Any help would be great - thanks !

Andrew

http://www.vtr.org