[TR] TR3A Overdrive Switch

To: terryrs@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Overdrive Switch
From: William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
     My OD switch took a little jiggling to get it to work. I ordered a repro
switch and installed it. It worked backwards from the original. The original
was up to engage and the repro was down to engage. Reversing the wiring didn't
change it. I opened up the repro and reversed the wires inside and now it is
the same as the original. I looked at the original and it looks like where the
switch toggle hit the casing was so worn that the switch would pass over the
center. I liked the original more and may go back to it.
     Good luck,

     -Bill in Tehachapi

The TR3A OD switch has screws holding the casing together.  I have to wiggle
the switch to make it engage.  Has anyone taken one of these apart and looked
inside?  Are they "rebuildable," meaning can someone dink around with the guts
to make a superior product than what comes from the Big 3?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net