Re: [TR] Pertronix Failure

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Pertronix Failure
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:22:31 -0700
> Is there the possibility that 'upgrades' such as the
> Pertronix ignition unit, and other like it, are less reliable
> than the contact breaker points they replace?

Depends on how you define "reliable", IMO.  If "reliable" is always getting
you home, then I feel there is no doubt that points are MORE reliable.

But since I also enjoy the other benefits of electronic; what I do is carry
the parts with me to convert back to points.  It's easy enough to swap point
plates on the side of the road (and I've done it more than once).

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net