[TR] Intake Manifold Vacuum

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Intake Manifold Vacuum
From: <robertko@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:27:41 -0700
To the list,

My TR6 has a rough, lumpy idle.  I'm going through all of the standard
troubleshooting steps to identify and correct any problems in an attempt to
smooth out the idle.  I measured 11 inches on my vacuum gauge and believe it is
too low for idle vacuum.

If anyone has measured the vacuum on a smooth idling TR6, could you post what
your measurement was?  I took my measurement from the 1/4 inch nipple which is
part of the brake booster nipple on the intake manifold.

thanks
Robert
74 TR6

http://www.vtr.org