Re: [TR] Pre-vs-Post Comm. #60,000

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Pre-vs-Post Comm. #60,000
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:37:42 -0800
> What disturbed me was it also says
> "Metal body"???  If
> my other car is not metal, then what is it?

Pre-60K cars actually have some wood (ash) in the body, along the tops of
the doors and above the dash.  The post-60K bodies eliminated that.

Other changes at 60K include the door hinges, spare tire compartment, rear
(occasional) seat bottom, cockpit rear panel, fuel tank, and if I remember
correctly, the passenger door lock mechanism.  Dash changed slightly too
(although maybe it was just the covering that changed).

Other changes between 35K and 60K include the starter, ring gear,
transmission housing, transmission tunnel, transmission top cover, dash
light control & knob, carburetor fuel fittings & line ... the list goes on.

Don't recall when the fuel tap was deleted, but ISTR it was at 60K if not
before.  The fuel lines between pump & tank changed at the same time.  Fuel
filler changed somewhere in there, too.

Tonneau cover, convertible top, trunk seal, door panels, piping, "lift the
dot" stud locations.

Oh yeah, 35K would have had 10" rear brakes, which changed to 9" before 60K.
Rear brake cylinders were different.  Front brake calipers are different
too, although the pads were the same.

Check the Moss catalog & Piggott's Original TR2-3B.  Between the two of
them, most of the changes are mentioned.  Lots of them I've missed here.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net