Re: [TR] TR4 Voltage Reg/Igniton Light

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Voltage Reg/Igniton Light
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:35:11 -0700
Thanks for the advice.  The cut-out seemed to work as specified when I
conducted the test... operating w/i the voltage range and the amps swinging
up & down more or less as described.

I did find the connections at the dynamo to be very poor.  This could be a
result of the problem rather than the cause as they may well have been
'cooked' one of those times when the ignition light stayed on.

As an experiment I adjusted the cut-out screw 1/4 turn CCW.  One manual
declined to say how to adjust it, the other explained the result of CW vs
CCW and said to only move it a small amount (but didn't say how much is
'small').  The quarter turn did not make a noticeable difference in the
readings so I will see if the problem recurs, gets better or gets worse.

Not too scientific but at least I'll have more data and no real harm should
occur as I am the only one who drives the car and will conscientiously watch
that light.

Geo