Re: [TR] TR3A Alternator conversion bracket pipe

To: <terryrs@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Alternator conversion bracket pipe
From: "Kentech HomeTech" <kentech0822@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:12:29 -0500
Terry,

I had the same problem as you with my TR3A alternator. I broke one
adjustment bracket once and also broke off the bolt that secured it another
time.

My solution was a solid lower attachment, same as you are putting together.
All you need is a simple piece of pipe between the ears, doesn't need to be
welded, just the right size so you can clamp down the lower mounting
tightly. I would think that even an old length of copper plumbing pipe would
do. Mine is aluminum but anything will do fine. The trick is to have a very
solid lower mount so the alternator doesn't vibrate; mine seemed to develop
a vibration at a certain engine rpm before I added the pipe.

PeterK