Re: [TR] tri metal bearings

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] tri metal bearings
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:48:32 +0000
> > I just purchased +.010 rod and main bearings from TRF. I removed the TRF
> > label from the side of the box and found a label that says "King". The
> > bearing shells are are stamped with "Country". I also thought that this
> > was curios.
> >
> > I checked on line and the King Bearing web site says nothing about any

This reminds me of another question around bearings:  was it 20K miles or 50K
miles that it is recommended to change the rod bearings after a rebuild, using
of course the original size you used for the rebuild?  (I suppose that it would
make best sense to ensure you use the same brand too, in order to accommodate
any very minor differentiations between them?)

Main bearings aren't touched, right?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire