[TR] TR4A New Door Seal Problem

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A New Door Seal Problem
From: "Glenn Owen" <mgowen55@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:17:24 -0400
I just replaced the door seal rubber (not the Furflex) on both door openings
of my TR4-A and now have trouble closing the doors. I had to move the striker
plates out in order to get the doors to latch, but there is now a huge gap
between the doors and body panels. The doors closed and lined up fine before
(but there was no rubber in the channel at all - rotted away over the years).
The rubber seal came from TRF and installed fine - looked to be a good match
to what original would have been.

If I keep the doors closed against the new seal, will the fit improve? Or is
there a trick to getting a good fit with the new seals?

Thanks

Glenn